What to do with all the junk......food

It kills me to throw out food, especially when I know it's not bad.  But there has to be a line drawn in the sand.  If it doesn't go I will end up eating it when I stress or don't plan correctly so out it goes.

The contest doesn't officially start until January 15th, however we get the green light after we post our photos on or after January 1.  I think I am going to take advantage of this extra time. 

This weekend is the last junk filled, eating out I will be doing for at least the next 12 14 (see above) weeks.  My only exception to this rule is to visit my favorite restaurant to get my grilled salmon Caesar salad minus the Caesar.  So basically it's salmon over romaine lettuce.  I do ask for a few lemon wedges to squeeze over the top but that's it.  Salmon is good for you, nice Omega 3 fatty acids, and the lettuce....well besides almost tasteless.....it's roughage. 

Sunday will be meal prep and I plan to make it pretty easy, chicken, rice, and veg.  Or some variation of this.  It's much easier for me to track if I keep it simple.


I am using My Fitness Pal to do my food tracking and I did pay for the premium package so I can use the macro portion of tracking.  I find it much easier than trying to track calories alone.  Track macros and you track calories by default.

There will be a post about My Fitness Pal in the future so stay tuned.

So what are you doing with your fridge and pantry, chucking it all or eating it all before the weekend ends?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog