Tuesday, December 3, 2013

General chit chat.....and a new toy.

Well, I'm still partially done with my painting.  I've been trying to get in the room to finish but everyday life has been getting in the way.  I'm working on average 20 hours a week and you would think it was more like 60 the way my weeks have been going.   I think I'm living out of my car.

I did manage to start Christmas shopping, however, it's been at Michaels (work).  Grab a few things on my way in or out, always on sale.  That's ok for the little one but the oldest is harder to shop for.  Guess he's getting clothes.  I refuse to get any electronic gadgets or games this year.  Not gonna happen! 

I think my husband actually fell and hit his head.  I came home over the weekend after working and found the xmas tree and house decorated.  Hmmmmmm......  Not sure what is going on there.  He usually doesn't help much with decorating.  I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone.  General weirdness. 

I wanted to get to Joann's over the weekend but since I had to work it just didn't happen.  Probably a good thing tho.  A customer came through my line and said it was a freaking ZOO over there.  6 people cutting fabric and the line was just obscene.  Fleece was 70% off and then a coupon for another 25% off your entire purchase.  Darn!  Wish I could handle the crowds but I can't stand it.  Just too crazy for me.  We did Disney at Christmas a few years ago and I had a terrible time with all the people.  I looked down Main Street at Disney and it was wall to wall heads.  I thought to myself if anything ever happened and you needed to get out, someone was going to get trampled.

I did purchase a new "toy" for myself. I had a 60% off coupon so I decided to buy the Martha Stewart loom knitting kit.  So far I made a ruffle scarf. Not the easiest to do but I got it done.   Here it is still in progress....

I had a hard time holding the loom and fighting the skein of spaghetti!  I'm going to try a regular flat scarf and see how that goes.  I have a few projects I'd like to try so I will bring you along as I go.   And I'll do a review of the product. 

That's it for now.  I'm working the next few evenings so I'll post when I can again.   

In the mean time, check out Michael's, they are having some incredible sales and don't forget we take competitors coupons.