Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How the move is going.

Well I have started the move. So far I had my son go through his stuff, he is 14 (in a week) and I can't believe how much garbage he has accumulated. I bet you thought I was going to say crap. Nope. It was really garbage. How the trash can gets overlooked and underused is a mystery to me.  We have two trash bags bursting at the seams to go out tomorrow. And there is still more to sort!

So far his bed has been moved to my old room and I moved my table and cabinets.  I have decided to paint the room before I put shelves up and anchor the cabinets to the wall.  I am going to have to go neutral with a color. The carpet is a wonderful shade if blue, not!  It's been in the house since we moved in and I can't afford to change it right now.   

A fresh coat of paint will do wonders since this room I don't think ever had anything but builder flat white on the walls. I painted the ceiling a few years ago and it's fine.   


Guess who was in here with a marker?!?  Of course that wouldn't have happened if the marker wasn't laying on the floor in his brothers room. 

I hope I am not the only one with a scatter brained teenager. I thought boys would be easier to raise. I guess not. :(

I'm still aiming for October 1 to be done but now that I'm taking on a painting project that may get pushed back. I have walls to fix too from when we ran cable.  It just never ends!

Have a great day!