Friday, May 4, 2012

Simple yet elegant Mothers Day card

Where has the past 2 weeks gone?  Between PTO, baseball games and general spring household to do lists, the last 2 weeks has flown by!  I can't believe we are alread in May. 

This cycle is all about Mom.  With Mothers day quickly approaching, I have created this card using just RGB codes on the Imagine.  Actually, I just went through cartridges until I found a color palette that worked for me.



The background is a gentle shade of pink and embossed with a Stampin Up embossing folder.  The scallop is in a coordinating blue and the center an off white.  I edged the circle with a bit of Tattered Rose distress ink and used dimentional adhesive to pop it up off the scallop circle.

The portrait is from the Heritage Cricut cartridge and printed in black.  I used some small cream pearls to create a necklace.

To finish it off I used some Stampin Up Crochet trim and did a loose knot.

I hope you enjoyed my simple but elegant card for this week.

Kris