Friday, February 24, 2012

DT Project - Kiss Me I'm Irish Pin

This is my DT Project for Creative Critters Imagination.

 For today's project I used the new digital St. Patricks Day image set available under Craft Room Exclusives on cricut.com/shop.



Size the pin to your liking and color accordingly.  For the banner I used a pattern from the Enjoy the Seasons cartridge.

The pin itself is colored and cut as one image.  This video will guide you through how to layer an image with all it's pieces and cut as one piece.  It works great for those tiny pieces like you get in the Disney cartridges.

The video demonstrates the Goofy character but applies to any layered image.




The shamrock is glittered.  I used Stampin Up heat n stick to apply the glitter.  It keeps the glitter from coming off once set.  This stuff is WONDERFUL!  Glitter is Martha Stewart and has green and gold in it.

I cut an oval from craft room basics and sized it approximately the same as the image.  It is cut from cereal box and used for stability of the pin.

I added a pin back to the image with liquid adhesive.


Thanks for joining me today.

Kris