Saturday, January 28, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi Everyone.  It's Kris back with another project to celebrate Valentine's Day.   I created this for my DT project at Creative Critters Imagination.

I used a few cartridges for this project...A Child's Year, Heirloom and Craft Room Basics.

My card base is 4.25 x 4.25.  I used my Imagine and a color from the Heirloom matching palette to create the base. 



The base layer is approximately 4x4 and I flood filled it with a pattern from Heirloom.  The scallop heart is from the Craft Room Basics and filled with a cream color from the same cartridge.  This is placed on the base layer and I just used print to get my base.

The red heart is also from Craft Room Basics.  I used the shadow feature of the image from A Child's Year and welded it to the heart.  It is flood filled with a coordinating color.  After printing and cutting I ran it through my Cuttle Bug with the Damask Tim Holtz texture fade folder. 

The boy and girl are printed in black and cut out.  I sprayed them with Iridescent gold glimmer mist and glued them to the red heart.  It is then popped up with dimentionals.


The camera didn't pick up the sparkle.  I looks much prettier in person!

On the inside I used a stamp from Stampin Up and the word window punch and frame punch.



Kris