Monday, January 9, 2012

Clean & Simple Card Making - Class

I signed up for a class this month with Kristina Werner and friends to get some fresh ideas for card making.  This card was so simple to make, the hardest part was finding a stamp that would work with my embossing powder.  I really don't like the white I have and I guess I need to buy a new one.  It's almost too grainy, but I made it work.  It's not good for smaller sentiment stamps...



For this card, I used:

  • Crumb cake cardstock and ink from Stampin Up
  • French Script background stamp from Stampin Up
  • Small flower punch from Carl
  • Small white flat back pearls
  • White Signo Uniball pen
  • Versa Mark ink and White embossing powder
  • American Crafts Stamp set Thanks
  • Dimensional adhesive
This card is a 4.5" x 4.5" base.  I used a post it note to mask off the center of the card and stamped the script in crumb cake.  I outlined the post it note lightly with a pencil so I had a guide line to follow when doing the white stitching.  I erased this when the ink was dry.

I stamped my sentiment in Versa Mark and then embossed with white embossing powder.

The flowers are also from crumb cake cardstock that I inked with crumb cake ink before punching.  I added small pearls to the center and popped them up with dimentional adhesive.

These would be very easy to mass produce if you needed multiple cards.  You can always change out the sentiment for any occasion.

Kris