Thursday, November 3, 2011

Super Simple Table Scape Project - Snapshot Texture Cartridge!

Today I have a SUPER simple project to enhance any table scape! 



You will need the following to complete this project.
  • A tall glass cylinder
  • Battery operated lights
  • Snapshot: Nature (Imagine pattern cartridge) and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge
  • Edge punch
  • Ribbon 
  • Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Barn Door & Scattered Straw
Print a full sheet of the tree bark and trim to size.  If you have access to Cricut Craft Room, you can size this very close to what you need. 

Print a rectangle flood filled with the leaves and another with the coordinating yellow from the Snapshot Nature cartridge.

Cut a leaf from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and stamp with distress inks.  To acheive the look on my leaf, I first inked my stamp with Scattered Straw and inked the edges with Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint.  Use your lightest colors first.  You could also use a finger dauber for more precise ink placement.

For the band, cut your leaf pattern paper to about 1" wider than your desired size.  Edge punch with your favorite punch.  I used a Fiscars punch.  Do the same with the yellow piece, making sure you make it small enough to fit inside the leaf layer.

I then added certainly celery satin ribbon from Stampin Up and brown grosgrain ribbon tied in a bow.  I placed my leaf just under the knot and secured with a glue dot.  You may have to trim the stem a little.

For the lights, I used  battery operated strand lights.  They take 2 C batteries and are wonderful if you want lights but don't want to see the cord or have no access to a plug. 

I wanted to make a set of 3 but my Michaels only had the one size.  You could also use battery tea lights or pillar candles. 

DO NOT USE REAL CANDLES!!  It will become a roman candle!  LOL!



When you are done with the season, remove and replace your paper and you are ready for the next holiday or season!

Kris