Friday, November 18, 2011

Fall Centerpiece - Art Philosophy

Hi everyone! Hope you are all looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday and that awesome turkey like I am. Actually the best part, besides family, is the late night sammies of turkey and mayo on white bread. Can it get any better than that!




So, to help make your table festive, I have created this centerpiece made almost entirely of rolled flowers from the Art Philosopy cartridge from Close to My Heart. I just love this cartridge. It is a bit time consuming, it actually took me all week to finish this and I thought I wasn't going to make it. Just when you think you have enough flowers, you end up needing more.

All the flowers are cut at either 3" or 3.5". I used some Coordinations cardstock, Bazill cardstock and just plain white cardstock for the flowers. I had a bunch of the color cardstock and wanted to use my stash, and it had a great texture for the flowers too.

The white cardstock was floodfilled with the leaves from the Snapshot Nature cartridge. I also ran my zig pen over them and dipped them into Diamond Dust by Stampin Up.

The flowers are attached to a styrofoam cone with pins. I added some white roses and rusty jingle bells to fill in some of the spaces where the flowers didn't get good coverage of the cone.



It is sitting on a wooden plate I have had for years and painted black. I surrounded it with some scented dried rose hips and cinnamon sticks.

Hope you enjoyed todays project and I'll see you back again in TWO weeks for another project!

Check with me tomorrow for a special treat.  I'll be creating a project using the new digital downloads available in Cricut Craft Room.

Be Inspired!

Kris