Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pillow Box with Martha Stewart Paper...

I made another treat box this weekend. This one is a pillow box from the Easter cartridge.



I cut the box at 8" and assembled. You may want to use red sticky tape for the closure, ATG may not be strong enough.

After stuffing the pillow box full of goodies, I closed the ends and wrapped black tulle around it.

For the rosette, I cut a piece of the same pattern 1.5" x 12". Score on the short side every 1/4". Accordian fold and attach ends together using quick dry glue. Push rosette flat and in towards the center of the circle. Using quick dry glue, glossy accents or a hot glue gun, add a dab of glue around the center and cover with a 1" circle of coordinating paper. I used black on the back and a cream color for the front.



To decorate the center front circle, I cut a 1" circle in cream and distressed it with Vintage Photo distress ink. I then stamped a candelabra from a Martha Stewart Halloween set in Memento black ink.

Attach the rosette to the front of the pillow box, gathering the tulle a bit in the center just under the rosette.

I like how this is mono-chromatic and sophisticated. Martha's Halloween paper is great for that grown up, not so scary, halloween projects.

I'll be doing a few more treat boxes this week so keep checking back!

Kris