Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Saturday!  Today looks like it is going to be an awesome fall day in PA.  The high today is to be 60 but the low is 43!  My kind of weather!

Enough of the weather report and down to the card making. 

For this card I broke out my mini-monsters cartridge.  This cartridge has a feature key for phrases.  If you aren't sure where to place your image and sentiment it's a great option since both are front and center.


The base of the card is orange cardstock.  The background paper is from the same Cloud 9 pack I used on the Happy HOWLoween card I posted earlier this week. 

I used a lighter orange on my mat and a piece of black cardstock which I ran through a Tim Holtz embossing folder to get a little texture. 

My monster is on page 38 of the Mini Monster booklet and is cut at 2.5".  He's a little tricky to get together but the results are fantastic!  I used a black pen to outline the word GROSS and give it a bit of pop as well as an orange gel pen on my monster.  These items were colored using the RGB part of my imagine.

I finished off my little guy with some googlie eyes and tied a piece of black satin ribbon on the edge.

That's it for today.  I hope you enjoyed. 

Kris