Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy H"OWL"oween! Happy Hauntings Card

Today I have a VERY quick and easy card for you. You need just one cartridge; Happy Hauntings.





The base of the card is black cardstock. You want to cut your 8.5" x 11" piece of cardstock in half on the 8.5" side so the resulting rectangle measures 4.25" x 11". Score at 5.5" and fold.

My purple/black pattern paper is from a stack I found at Joann's. It's from Cloud 9 and has fall, halloween and christmas paper in it.

The owl is from Happy Hauntings and is cut at 4" as well as all the layers. The pieces for the ears were too small to get a clean cut so I used orange stickles instead.

I printed and cut the branch layer in a grey/brown color and used vintage photo distress ink on it to give a little character (and cover some of the white edges). To finish it off I tied a piece of black satin ribbon at the top.

For the inside, I used Cricut Craft Room to layout and print only the sentiment. The word OWL is colored in the same purple used on the belly of the owl.



Thanks for joining me today and I'll have another Halloween card on Saturday!



Kris