Saturday, October 1, 2011

Creative Critterz Imagination DT - May I see some ID please?

Hopefully you haven't heard that while driving! LOL! But in my case....nah we won't go there....hehe..


In my effort to get organized, which by the way, isn't very often so don't get too excited, I have at least started with my very small linen closet. When we moved in our house, I really couldn't understand the upstairs linen closet, at least that is what I think it was supposed to be. It's right outside the bathroom and that has a huge closet that I can store linens, so I don't get it.

At any rate, I found some baskets at Michaels at 50% off. I actually organized this last year but decided it needed a little labeling. Since the baskets are of a weaved nature, sticking labels on wasn't going to work. So I created "tags" to attach to the basket.



I created these tags in Cricut Craft Room using the Imagine cartridge Imagine More Cards and the shape on page 8. I removed all the typewriter and words leaving me with a blank tag and made the size approximately 3" x 5". I then used the Martha Stewart All Occasion Cake cartridge to add my words.

When adding the text, I selected "don't weld". This allows the words to be cut and the image to print and cut as well.

To create the background color for the letters, I selected a pink from the coordinating color palette, printed it and attached to the back of the tag.

To attach these to the baskets, I created a template and marked all the holes. I used my Big Bite to punch the holes (3/16") and then set a 2 piece grommet in silver. I like the 2 piece because it is finished on both sides. You can get these at any fabric store, or in the sewing section of Michaels.

I then used some pink ribbon and tied them to the baskets.

No more trying to figure out what is in each basket!




Hope everyone has a great weekend. See you all next Saturday!

Kris