Monday, October 3, 2011

Before you update Cricut Craft Room...

I recently updated my cricut craft room to the new version 66.  After doing this, I could no longer get into the program and was experiencing the dreaded bridge errors.

So, before any of you update your build, make sure you back up the directory that craft room is installed in.

This way, if a new build doesn't work, you have a way to go back to the previous version.

To do this, look on your hard drive for a directory called...

c:\program files\cricut-craftroom

Select all the files in this directory including any sub-directories and copy them to a new location.  I keep mine on my desktop in a folder called ccrxx (where xx is the build number) so for build 60 I copy it to a folder called ccr60.

Then run your update and cross your fingers.  If it doesn't work, you can go to the copied directory and run cricut-craftroom.exe from that location and you are back to the older version.

Kris