Friday, September 16, 2011

Imagine More Cards: Birthday Card

I just received a new cartridge this week, Imagine More Cards, and I have to say it's really cute! I don't know why it took so long for me to get this one. Keep a look out on my blog, I'm going to be making more from this one for sure!


For today's card I made a shaped card. It's not your traditional birthday card with cakes, candles or flowers...but one you can use for someone long distance, thus the phone. It's good and gender generic! I left my inside blank but you could use, "Ringing you with Birthday Wishes" or "I heard it was your birthday"...or something to that nature.


To start, I used a circle, you can find them on a variety of cartridges, sized them at 4.5" and welded them together on my Gypsy.

I wanted to color and cut this in Craft Room but my computer is not liking the new version. So to get around it, I printed a full sheet of the coordinating dark green on the Imagine More Cards cartridge and then cut from my Gypsy.

Score and fold, then ink the edges (except the folded edge) with Vintage Photo distress ink. It just gives it that little extra POP!

I used the scallop circle from Martha Stewart All Occasion Cakes, but they are on several cartridges and also included in the base images right on your image. I flood filled it with the coordinating dark brown and cut it at 4". I ran it through my swiss dots cuttlebug folder for a little texture.

I cut the phone image from the Imagine More Cards (page 25) at 3" and used glossy accents on the numbers on the dial. Add dimentional adhesive and pop up on the scallop circle.

I used dark brown grosgrain ribbon and tied it around the folded edge in a bow.

The short list of supplies needed...

  1. Cartridges:
    • Imagine More Cards
    • Martha Stewart All Occasions Cake (or other with scalloped circle)
  2. Glossy Accents
  3. Dimentional Adhesive
  4. Brown Grosgrain Ribbon
  5. Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  6. Swiss Dots embossing folder and cuttlebug

I am also having a giveaway on my blog. Please visit this link to learn all the details. And don't forget to leave comments on this weeks posts for additional giveaways.

Kris