Saturday, August 13, 2011

A page about me....

Hey Everyone!  Today is my day over at Creative Critterz Imaginations.  Our project this week is a layout about me.  I had to really work hard on this one as I never talk about myself, let alone craft about myself. I don't think I even have pictures of myself. I'm always the one behind the camera! After completing this project I started thinking maybe I should get in the pictures more. I'm sure my kids would appreciate it later in life.






I'm sure you are all thinking...what is she doing with this layout?!? Well, it's kinda hard to explain. All my life I've been interested in knowing how things work. Why does it do that, how, and what makes it work. I love taking things apart. Putting them back together...doesn't always pan out. There is usually some parts left over. I figure whatever was left over it didn't NEED them anyway.

I liked cars, fast cars, but they had to be cool. You know, the old muscle cars. My dream car is a '57 Chevy BelAire. I would really take anything with the pointy fins. I just love them!   And you know it, I had to have the Nifty Fifties Cartridge!

I really wanted to know how to fix them, but back then I was a girl, well I still am but, that was unheard of. So when my husband brought home the first golf cart and we made changes to it, I was hooked. Finally something I could work on by myself!

We started our business, Phatbuggies, 4 years ago. This is one of the carts we labored over, making sure every detail was right. Our paint guy did a fantastic job and yes, I did a lot of the other work. It's frustrating at times, fun and definately rewarding.   To date I think we have sold about 45 golf carts.  Some stock some fancy. 

 
So I bet you would have never guessed someone into scrapbooking was also a mechanic of sorts. But that's me. Next I'll show you how to replace and update a ceiling fan. Just kidding....well I could but I won't!

For this project you will need...
  • 12x12 black cardstock
  • 1" x 12" orange cardstock
  • Cricut Imagine
  • Imagine cartridges
    • Snapshot Everyday
    • Snapshot Texture
  • Tim Holtz Gears Die
  • Tim Holtz Retro Circle Embossing Folder
  • Medium Weight Chipboard
  • Chipboard Letters (brand unknow, I've had them a while!)
  • Black and Pewter embossing powder
  • Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Versamark
  • Heat tool

Directions:

  1.  I used black 12x12 cardstock from my stash as my base.
  2. From the Imagine, I selected the curly top note shape from the stock images. I flood filled it with the golf ball image from the Everyday cartridge and selected fit to page. It is approximately 9.5". I cut one side off after laying out my page to decide where to make the cut. I also edged this with some vintage photo (optional).
  3. I cut a piece of orange cardstock 1" wide. The piece in my layout is actually 2 shorter pieces of cardstock. If you don't have a full 12" length, you can use 2 shorter pieces as it gets covered anyway.
  4. I ran the orage piece through the Tim Holtz Retro Circles Embossing folder to add a bit of dimention.
  5. I selected a square from the Imagine stock images and flood filled it with the diamond plate image. This square started out at 9x9 but I cut it down by 1/2" each way until I found a size that I liked. The square ended up being 8x8.
  6. I used the Tim Holtz Gears die to cut out the gear shapes and embossed them with Pewter embossing poweder. The layered a grey circle in the center of the largest gear (also cut and printed on the Imagine) for journaling.
  7. The title is done with some chipboard letters I have had in my stash so long I forget who made them. They are about 1.25" tall. These are embossed with black embossing powder. I have staggered the letters and added dimentionals to some of them for some interest.

Add photos and you are done! My main image is 4x6 and the other two are wallet size (2x3).

Hope you enjoyed and learned something about me today. Have a great weekend.


  
Kris

 You can see more Imagine projects at my blog, http://www.tatteredprimitives.com/