Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hippo Birdie 2 Ewe

Happy Saturday morning all my crafty friends! This is my first design team project for the Creative Critters Imagination's blog.


As a member of the design team, I will be posting a project every Saturday.  Today’s project challenge was to create a card using a “critter” from any cartridge. I have designed for you a birthday card using Create A Critter for my main images.


Grab a cup of Joe or your favorite beverage and let's get started.

For this project you will need…

  1. Cricut Imagine (of course)
  2. Cricut Craft Room – only in beta at this time, sorry…. But you can take a peek with me.
  3. Cricut cartridges:
    • Imagine Hopscotch pattern cartridge
    • Designer’s Calendar (or other cartridge with a square)
    • Create A Critter
    • A Child’s Year
  4. White paper
  5. Distress Ink in Scattered Straw
  6. Black Diamond Stickles
  7. Small Flowers
  8. Crystal Bling
  9. Blue Ribbon
I created my layout in Cricut Craft Room starting with a square from Designer’s Calendar. You can use any cartridge that has a square available. I sized this rectangle at 5.25” x 4”.

I chose a pattern from Hopscotch and filled the base layer. I then created a smaller rectangle and filled it with a coordinating color from the Hopscotch color palette.

Using Create A Critter, select the appropriate layers from the cartridge, color and layer right on the screen. See video for more details. Place the items where you would like them and group them together. This makes it easier to move them around without losing the placement.

Add the words using the font on the A Childs Year cartridge. I prefer to use individual letters rather than the font box. You will be able to manipulate each letter and place, rotate, and skew your letters as you wish. Place words on the base layer. You may want to put everything in it’s place on your screen to get the word placements just right.

Print & cut your images on your Imagine. Ink the edges of the smaller rectangle with Scattered Straw.

Attach to the base layer.

Add flowers, bling and ribbon to the layer and attach to a white card base.

Here is the video to follow along....



Thanks for joining me and don't forget to stop over at the Creative Critters Imaginations blog to see what all the design team members are creating.  There is a new post daily!

Kris