Options include adding a name to the back of the bookmark if you are doing these for a class. Just add the name before you laminate.
To get started you will need the following supplies.
- Gypsy with Smiley Cards installed. (this was a free promotional download from 2010)
- Cricut Imagine Hopscotch cartridge.
- Stampin Up Embossing folder - Square Lattice
- Tim Holtz Distress ink - Vintage Photo
- Brass Grommet (2 sided)
- Crop A Dial
- Cuttlebug with A and both B plates
- Cricut Imagine
- 1 sheet of white paper
- White Gel pen
- Clear shelf liner (Optional)
- I chose the pencil image and coordinating layers from the smiley cards cartridge and sized them at 6 inches.
- On the Imagine, I chose the striped pattern from Hopscotch and flood filled the "face" or square piece. I did this in Cricut Craft room in order to hide the contor pieces for the cheeks and eyes. ** TIP: If craft room is not available for you, you can always print out a square of the pattern, design on your Gypsy, removing contors, and then cut.
- I selected my colors for the rest of the pieces from the coordinating colors on the Hopscotch cartridge.
- Base - Black
- Shadow - Light Blue
- Eraser - Red
- Triangle - Light Yellow
- I edged all the pieces with Vintage Photo.
- I ran the eraser and light yellow triangle piece through the embossing folder for some texture.
- Glue all layers together
- Add the sunglasses and white gel pen accents if you wish.
- Laminate (optional) at your local office supply store or at home if you have access to a machine. **TIP: You can use clear shelf liner to laminate. It's inexpensive and performs just as well. My Staples office supply store charges $2.00 per square foot for lamination, and you have to leave the item and go back and pick it up. Clear shelf liner can be found at the dollar store and you can get an entire roll for $2.50.
- Punch hole in Eraser and set 2 piece grommet.
- Thread ribbon through and secure.
Thanks for joining me!