Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where have I been????

Like usual, I think I can get more done than I can. I just realized it has been a month since I've been able to update my blog. I have been busy, baseball started with a 3 day a week practice schedule. No doubt I have a 30 minute drive to the practice field. I swear I spend my life supporting the gas companies with all the running I have to do!

Then we had some really bad storms here in PA and shingles blew off the roof. It's been 3 weeks now and FINALLY someone showed up from the company to fix it and it started to rain. I can't win!

In addition to all of this, we have had a very long battle with our phone company. In short, our old company was bought out by a new one. On February 10th we were notified by voice mail that on the 14th our VoIP would no longer be supplied by them and we had to switch to another company. Well I initiated another service and the phone number transfer. After 2 months of trying to get this done, we have found out that they disconnected the line (disconnected lines cannot be transferred!), after telling me as long as there was an active requtest to transfer they wouldn't do this to me, they did and now I'm fighting with them to get the number active again and get it moved to a new company. I've had to threaten to get a lawyer involved and the FCC before they decided to work with me. I really wouldn't have cared but I run another business on this line and have had 2 months without being able to receive calls. Their response, the great customer service response....we sent you a letter on December 3rd telling you we were dropping the service.... Really, I didn't get that? Can you prove you sent it? Nope and they don't even care. I guess since I don't pay for my service with them anymore they just don't care. Nice.

Well at least I can say that I don't treat my customers like this and I never have or will. Even if they are wrong, it's not worth losing a valued customer or even future business. You never know who they know or what they will tell people and I want it to be good.

I have many projects on the horizon that I have started or at least written down my ideas. First on the agenda is spring cleaning. I'm almost done and when I am expect a flurry of activity. So get your popcorn and be ready to enjoy the show!