1. WRITE THEM DOWN....words are just words until you write them down. You are more apt to follow them.
2. Make your goals SMART. What does that mean?
- S - Specific. Make your goals specific, for example - I want to only spend $20 weekly on lunches. Ask yourself WHAT it is you want to accomplish, WHY is this important to you and HOW you are going to get there.
- M - Measureable. Be sure you can measure you success. Keep a journal for example so you can manage your goal and see the changes.
- A - Attainable. Make sure the goal you are setting is attainable. Don't set you milestone too far out that you will lose the ambition to obtain it.
- R - Realistic. Don't say you want to lose 50 pounds in 4 weeks when most people only lose on avereage 2 pounds per week. You will end up discouraged otherwise.
- T - Timely. Set a timeframe for your goal. Give yourself something to shoot for.
With this in mind, are you ready to set some goals for 2010?