Monday, December 7, 2009

Above Rubies Studio's Cricut A-Z DVD

I got a couple of DVDs in the mail this week, one from Megan at Above Rubies Studio and the other from Robyn (My Pink Stamper).

In this post I am going to review Megan's DVD.



I was super excited to get this DVD in the mail. As soon as Megan announced that she was selling a DVD on how to use the Cricut machines I had to get it. I know how to use some of the functions on the machine but since it doesn't really come with an operating manual I figured watching someone do it will help me learn faster.

Ok, so I must confess, I skipped the entire first part of the DVD and went straight to the gallery of projects and guest designers. Fabulous projects! After looking at them I started into the advanced projects. Megan takes you from start to finish on many projects including cutting vinyl and making your own embossing folders for the cuttlebug. Who knew you could use chipboard, ok I'm cheap or should I say resourceful and use cereal boxes, instead of spending all that money on 'designer' products. The wheels are spinning now...actually why do I even need the embossing folders? I could make the entire thing out of cardstock....off to the drawing board on that one!

I am very impressed by Megan's DVD. Bravo and a job well done! It's worth it's weight in gold for Cricut users of all levels and machine types! I would recommend adding this title to your DVD collection.

So, if you want your own copy...and you know you do...head on over to Megan's website http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com and get yourself a copy. And tell her Kris sent you!