Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge






















Our first "swarm" went very well...it was followed up with some shopping at Joanns afterwards...of course I bought something! I got 2 paper packs (no comments Melissa!) and some eyelash fibers.

Our next swarm is in December and as part of that we were all challenged to use a specific patterned paper to make a christmas card. Well mine is done and here it is. The challenge paper was the polka dot paper. I wasn't sure what to do with it but I took the boring route and used as a background paper on the front. I think it turned out ok....what do you think?!?

I entered this card in a contest over at http://the-gypsyspot.blogspot.com. If you get time, go over and check out some of the great projects!

What I used:

I used the scallop oval from Gypsy Wanderings and cut the Reindeer and florish inside on shimmer paper. I created a slightly larger scallop oval and glimmer misted it with Glacier and layered the green shimmer paper on top. I then added a piece of ivory satin ribbon at the top. This entire layer is placed on the "challenge paper" using dimensional adhesive.

On the inside I stamped the Merry Christmas using black stazon ink. I used a stamp set from Hampton Arts and versamark to stamp the snowflakes and used holographic embossing powder on those.